“Young governors work as a team to make sure that everyone’s voice is heard, ideas are shared and decisions are made to make sure that the school can be the best it can be.”
Young Governors are a very important part of our primary school. Everyone’s voice has the right to be heard and the Young Governors act as a collection of voices of the pupils in our school. This role is turning thought, opinions, preference, feedback and ideas into actions. Here are just some of the activities the Young Governors can get involved in:
- Meeting and talking to visitors of the school
- Helping to organise and run Road safety day, Rainbow day, shoe box appeal and Anti-bullying day.
- Attend fortnightly meeting with the Young Governor mentors. (Miss Kempton – Holbrook and Mrs Ward-Prowse – Bedenham)
- Raise money for the school and charities
- Sharing important messages with the class
- Being a role model for other children
- Creating a Remembrance assembly alongside the Forces club
Does this sound like something you would be interested in doing? Are you a sensible, passionate child, who thinks they could take on this role and responsibility? Then, you could be the person we are looking for!